To nurture the latent talent of children Co-Curricular activities play a vital role in school curriculum. All the more it is relevant to residential set up like JNVs which has lot of scope for conducting various activities under CCA. In the light of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) it is imperative on the part of the school to conduct CCA in meticulous way and evaluate the different skills of the students.
Hence, our Vidyalaya is having well defined list of activities under CCA. and incorporated in the Institutional plan. Activities are identified which cover all the areas which ensure development of holistic personality. Some of the areas are development of Communication Skill, Language ability, Social skill, Performing art, Creative thinking etc.
Inter house competitions. Club activities Celebration of important days
Celebration of house days and Class days
Conduct of workshop calling experts from neighboring locality
Coaching classes for talented students in Dance / Drama /Chenda/ Electronic Key Board.
Production of Educational CD(prayer songs/Folk songs/Community songs)
ACHIEVEMENTS IN CCA DURING THE YEAR 2016-17
In the Navodaya Scheme, Co curricular activities assume paramount importance.
An action plan for CCA has been chalked out. Apart from inter house competitions, the vidyalaya undertook a number of programmes celebrating World Environment day, Yoga Day, Vayana Dinam, Population Day, International Day against Drug abuse and illicit trafficking, Independence Day, Sreekrishna Jayanthi, Hindi Fortnight, Gandhi Jayanthi, Vigilance awareness week, Rashtriya Ekta Divas, Raksha Bandan, National Education Day, Childrens day, National Book Week, Constitution Day, Christmas. The Swatch Bharat Abhiyan has been implemented and various programmes conducted through out the year. The students also participated in various programmes and competitions organized by the Samiti and other agencies. The following need special mention:
Bagged overall championship in Republic Day Competitions 2017 organised by District Administration.
1. 19 of our students got Scholarship and cash prize of Rs.500 each In the Talir Vayana Matsaram
2. The programme Azadi at 70 was celebrated in a befitting manner. The Students and teachers visited Shri Chulur Bhaskaran Nair, Freedom fighter and honoured him.
3. Masters,, Cyril Mammen Varghese, Aromal A and Kum. Avani MR of class XI , kum. Kavya RK and Master N. Devanand of class X represented the vidyalaya in the Maths Olympiad held at JNV/Kottayam on 04.09.2016
4. Master Akshay VS and Kum Akhila GS of class XI, Masters Vidhu B and Athul Krishnan R of class X, Master Akshay A & Master Jiju M Santhosh of class VIII participated in the National Children’s Science at JNV/Palghat from 09.11.2016 to 10.11.2016
5. Kum. Avani MR,Class XI participated in the Regional Science Congress held from 1.12.2016 to 05.12.2016 at JNV/ Bangalore
6. Kumari Avani, MR and Master Aromal R of class XI participated in the National Level Competitions on Creative Writing and Painting respectively conducted by the NCERT Under Adolescence Education programme
7. Kumari Devi Nandana V of Class IX participated in the National Youth Festival in Poster Making conducted under Adolescence Educational programme at New Delhi from 05. 12.2016 to 08.12.2016.