To nurture the latent talent of children Co-Curricular activities play a vital role in school curriculum. All the more it is relevant to residential set up like JNVs which has lot of scope for conducting various activities under CCA. In the light of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) it is imperative on the part of the school to conduct CCA in meticulous way and evaluate the different skills of the students.
Hence, our Vidyalaya is having well defined list of activities under CCA. and incorporated in the Institutional plan. Activities are identified which cover all the areas which ensure development of holistic personality. Some of the areas are development of Communication Skill, Language ability, Social skill, Performing art, Creative thinking etc.
Inter house competition.
Celebration of important days
Celebration of house days and Class days
Conduct of workshop calling experts from neighboring locality
Coaching classes for talented students in Dance / Drama /Chenda/ Electronic Key Board.
Production of Educational CD(prayer songs/Folk songs/Community songs)
ACHIEVEMENTS IN CCA DURING THE YEAR 2014-15
CCA programmes for the year was formally inaugurated on 13.06.2014 by Shri Rajan Cosmic,an eminent musician. Apart from Inter-house competitions, the Vidyalaya undertook a number of programmes celebrating World Environment Day, World Earth Day, Vayana Dinam, Population Day, , Independence Day, Sadbhavana Day, Swatch Bharat Abhiyan, Onam, Teacher’s Day, Hindi Fortnight, Gandhi Jayanthi, Vigilance Awareness Week, Rashtriya Ekta Divas, Raksha Bandan, National Education Day, Children;s Day, National Book week, National Mathematics Week , Christmas, New Year Day, Republic Day, Mathrubhasha Divas etc. The students also participated in various programmes organised by the Samiti and other agencies and won prizes.
The following deserve special mention:
· In the National Level Talent Search Examination conducted by the Samudra Institute of Maritime Studies, our children fared remarkably well. Master Govind S, Master Bharath MR and Joby T John of Class XII secured 18th, 25th and 50th position and got cash prize of Rs.6300.00, Rs.5600.00 and Rs.3100.00 respectively.
· Master N Devanand and Master Vidhu B of Class VIII secured 4th position in the state level Hindu Young World Quiz .
· Master Akshay Unni of Class XI presented exhibt in the NVS Cluster Level Social Science Exhibition and won I POSTIION. He represented the cluster in the Regional Level Exhibition. Kumari Manjima MR of of Class XI represented the Vidyalaya in the Regional Children’s Science Congress held at HCU campus in Hyderqabad.
· Master Devanand N of Class VIII and Master Hari SR of Class IX took part in the Regional Level National Children’s Science Congress held at JNV/Krishna in Nov 2014 and presented two research papers – ‘ Impact of climate change on the mangrove forest of Ayiramthengu’ and ‘ Impact of climate change in Sasthamcotta lake’.
· 30 students participated in the Green Olympiad 2014 conducted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change, Government of India.
· Master Akhilnand C of Class X was awarded with Merit certificate for scoring above 70% marks in the Olympiad.
· 6 of our students pariticipated in the Ramayana Quiz conducted by Puthiyakavu Temple, Kollam and Kumari Manjima MR and Arsha SJ of Class XI got III prize in the Higher Secondary Group.
· In the NVS Regional Cultural Meet held at East Godavari in Oct 2014, our students presented Bharata Natyam and won 3rd prize. Kumari Neeraja S Krishna of X class won 3rd prize in Hindi Recitation.
· Kumari Manjima MR & Kumari Binthul Mehadi of Class XI won 4th prize in the State Level Arogyatharakam Quiz conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Kerala.
· 190 of our students participated in the Talir Vayana Matsaram conducted by the Kerala Bala Sahitya Acadami, Trivandrum and 19 of them got scholarship.
· A large number of students participated in the Cello Handwriting Wizard Competition conducted by The Hindu, English daily.
· Kum. Asmimole MS, Class VII, Kum Sadeeka Nayim of Class VII and Kumari Irin Sajan of Class VI won I, II and III prizes respectively in the Junior category. In the Senior category, Kumari Avani MR of class IX, Kum Parvathy Krishanan of class X and Master Dev Anand of Class VIII won I, II, III positions. The Vidyalaya was also awarded with a commendation certificate by the organisers.
· Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti conducted Jr. Science Olympiad and Jr. Maths Olympiad for students of Classes VII & VIII. Master Athul Krishnan R of Class VII and Master Gokul S of Class VIII won I position in the Science Olympiad where as Master Abey Aditya of Class VII and Kum. Roshny Roy of Class VIII won first position in the Maths Olympiad. All the winners were awarded cash price of Rs.500.00 each.
· In collaboration with the National Foundation for Communal Harmony, the Samiti had conducted competitions on various disciplines. In the cluster level competitions, Master Vipin V of class X won first in Painting and was awarded with cash prize of Rs.2000.00. Master Neelesh S Pillai of Class X won III positions in essay writing with cash prize of Rs.500.00.
· In the Republic Day celebrations conducted by the Kottarakara Taluk authorities, the Vidyalaya contingent was adjudged as the best disciplined unit participated in the parade. In the competitions organised in connection with the Republic Day, our students won prizes as follows:
Kum. Vanidevi, KB, Class XI - First in Essay Writing at HSS level
Kum Asmimole, Class VII - First in Essay Writing at UP level
Kum Manjima MR, Class XI - First in Elocution at HSS level
Mas. Ratheesh kumar, Class XI - First in Versification at HSS level
Kum. Binthul Mehdi, Class XI - Second in Versification at HSS level
Master Abin Jose, Class XI - Second in Elocution at HSS level
Master Sijo P Saji, Class XI - Second in Essary Writing at HSS level
Kumari Vishnu priya, Class VII - Second in Essary writing at UP level.